Hello and welcome to my manuscript wishlist! This is a living document, so be sure to check back often if you’re planning on querying me so you can get the most up to date information. If you’d like to pitch me, please do so through my Query Manager at https://querymanager.com/query/saint.
What Do You Represent?
I represent adult romance, science fiction, fantasy, and horror novels and graphic novels, as well as spiritual and religious nonfiction.
What Are You Looking For In Romance?
In romance, I’m most interested in representing queer and polyamorous love stories of all kinds, especially historicals that read like KJ Charles or Cat Sebastian, or high heat, high angst contemporary romances that feel like Sierra Simone or Tiffany Reisz books. Bruise my heart on the way to a hard-won HEA! That said, I would also love to lose myself in a witty romcom like GET A LIFE, CHLOE BROWN. Some of my favorite romance tropes include forbidden love, marriage in trouble, exes to lovers, and second chance romance. As a reader, I’m very kink-friendly, so long as consent is front and center. I’m not a good fit for sports romances or secret babies, or romances featuring members of the military or law enforcement. Similarly, I’m not a good fit for sweet romance.
What Are You Looking For In Speculative Fiction?
I’m a sucker for atmospheric, character-driven contemporary fantasy stories with supernatural or psychological themes, especially gothics of all subgenres. In high fantasy, I love stories that center relationships or politics, with intricate religious, magical, and sexual worldbuilding, such as the Kushiel’s Legacy series. Fantasy romance is more than welcome here, particularly anything in the vein of Grace Draven or Naomi Novik. I’m not big on chosen ones, magical rebellions, elemental magic, or stories centering warriors. My favorite fantasy authors are Catherynne M. Valente, Maggie Stiefvater, Madeline L’Engle, and Anne Rice.
I prefer my science fiction philosophical and character-centered as opposed to action-packed. I love existential sci-fi, cosmic horror, and science fiction that engages with religion, spirituality, and the ephemeral. I’m not a good fit for hard sci-fi or space operas.
I’m looking for horror that is as beautiful as it is gruesome, religious horror, queer horror, feminist horror. Mind-bending psychological terrors and quiet atmospheric dread. I’d love something with the heartrending, genre-blending flair of IN THE DREAM HOUSE. Please do not send horror set in psychiatric wards or centering suicide.
What Are You Looking For In Graphic Novels
Pretty much exactly what I’m looking for in novels and novellas! Some of my favorite graphic novels include MONSTRESS, THE WICKED + THE DIVINE, and anything by Alan Moore, especially PROMETHEA and WATCHMEN. I’m open to fairytale retellings, superhero stories, alternate histories, or quiet, wrenching contemporary stories. I’m hungry for graphic novels in particular, so if you feel at all like we’d be a good fit, go ahead and query me!
What Are You Looking For In Nonfiction?
I’m seeking religious and spiritual nonfiction, especially with a progressive or interfaith bent. I’m interested in memoirs of faith lost or found, accessible theology that engages with current events and pop culture, and stories of syncretism. I’m also seeking mindful, well-researched magickal books.
What’s Your Catnip?
- Stories that center complex, dynamic LGBTQ+ characters, especially if they’ve been written by queer authors.
- No matter the genre, I love a good haunting.
- Occult fantasy. Send me your demon deals, your secret societies, your hereditary and self-taught witches.
- Horror and fantasy that engage thoughtfully with religious themes. I’m not seeking inspirational fiction, rather fiction that wrestles with the role, function, and legacy of religion in society and private life.
- Please send me a novel or graphic novel that feels like THE WICKED + THE DIVINE, I still haven’t recovered from reading it. Mixing magic and pop culture and rock and roll is a siren song to me. Similarly, I’d love a folkloric, musical fever dream like WYLDING HALL.
- Historical romance that centers on working class people, marginalized groups, and sex workers, though I love a duke as much as the next girl. On that note, I love the Regency and Victorian periods, but I’m hungry for historical romance that takes place in less conventional time periods or locales.
- Niche, insular subcultures. Give me all the yummy infighting, drama, and gossip.
- Dark academia that engages with the elitism and colonial legacy of ivory tower academia, but also dark academia that takes place in unusual contexts, like community colleges, specialty schools, or immersion programs. Send me something that feels like THE SECRET HISTORY or IF WE WERE VILLAINS but with fresh characters in a new setting.
- Grounded contemporary fantasy with magic that feels as natural as breathing, like THE RAVEN CYCLE.
- Swashbuckling fantasy adventures that feel like the early aughts action-fantasy movies I grew up loving, like Van Helsing, The Pirates of the Caribbean, The Mask of Zorro, and The Mummy.
- Kinky romcoms that explore BDSM in an enthusiastic, consensual, and trope bending way. Bonus points if it’s done with humor!
- Fantasy heists like SIX OF CROWS
- Villain and monster romances. I fell head over heels for THE MONSTER OF ELENDHAVEN and would love to represent a readalike.
- Any book that feels like a Lord Huron album, especially Vide Noir and Strange Trails.